Friday 26 August 2011

Day of the Camel

Another interesting day in the world of livestock. Today on the way to work I saw a Camel pulling a cart down the middle of the main road. It looked awesome!

Saw the usual cattle on the way aswell but the monkey had gone today.

I found out today that the people who I thought were squatting in the construction site opposite work were in fact the people who build the thing. They live on the half finished structure in a tent thing sat around a fire. I think that would probably do my head in a bit as you'd never get away from work! I can't imagine sleeping at my desk and then waking up and carrying on the next days work.

I read a funny thing in the paper here today. They were talking about how the police had caught a man who was drink driving and they were going to report him to the licence people to get it taken off him!! Firstly it's a dry state so how the hell he got drunk is beyond me. You can't even get booze here in the hotel! Secondly how the hell did the police realise he was drink driving??? Everyone looks like they are drink driving as nobody follows any sort of traffic rules and Thirdly I think they should be concentrating on some of these things... Nobody wears a helmet on a motorbike, Kids as young as 10 seem to go around on scooters, camels are allowed on the road, cattle stand in the middle of the main road and even lie down, goats run into the road all day long, people beep there horn so there is no warning system in place here... The list goes on. Forget the drink driving and sort the other stuff out. It'll make it easier to catch them.

Apart from that i've eaten the usual curry followed by mountains of desserts and now i'm fit to burst.

Working tomorrow as there is nothing else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment