Wednesday 31 August 2011

Four days of hell

The last 4 days have been a nightmare. We left Ahmedabad on Sunday to get a flight over to Pune via Mumbai. Prior to the flight I had looked at the timings and wondered how on earth we were going to catch the 2nd flight in Mumbai with only a 50 minute gap in between. I questioned this with the travel company who assured me that it was all one ticket and would be fine.

I was stupid to listen to them. Clearly it wasn't and when I saw that our initial flight was 20 minutes late it became obvious we were going to be stuck in Mumbai.

So there we were in Mumbai with a Monsoon coming down outside with nowhere to go. Luckily the hotel arranged to send a car to pick us up and drive us the 3.5 hours to Pune. I have never driven in rain like it. Rivers were running down the roads of Mumbai and it was flooded everywhere. In those rivers was the usual rubbish so i'm glad we never broke down as I would never have stepped in it!

It was a decent drive over to Pune. We only aquaplaned once and nearly came off the road in the mountains.

We are now at our hotel in Pune which is nice. Up until Monday I was still eating mountains of curry and was happy. I was also eating medium cooked steaks and burgers. I forgot where I was!

I woke up on Tuesday morning and the Delhi Belly had hit me like a sledgehammer. I am rattling i'm taking that many tablets and am still not right. Last night I felt like all life had been drained from me. It was a horrible feeling. I have developed a great relationship with the toilet in my room.

Thankfully I think i'm getting better. I farted some air for the first time in 3 days earlier. I did play it safe by testing it out whilst sat on the toilet! Hopefully tomorrow i'll be back to normal.

It's a public holiday tomorrow and i'm taking the day off. I was going to go into the city but just read of a terror threat tomorrow and 10,000 police being deployed so i'm now a bit scared to move from the hotel. I'll make a decision tomorrow. I have been told I can see an Elephant down there if I go which i'm keen to do but don't really want to get maimed just for that.

Sorry for all the toilet talk in this post but it's been the main subject here for me the last few days. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment