Thursday 25 August 2011

Day of the Monkey

Time is flying and i'll be home in no time at all. Only a week and a half of this left.

I saw a monkey today and am well happy. I didn't think I was going to see one but there he was, as big as me sitting in a driveway of a house. It's amazing what seeing a monkey can do to your mood first thing in the morning.

It also seemed to be a day for cows. They were everywhere and made the drive to work take longer than yesterday. There were a couple of them sat on a roundabout, not actually on the roundabout but in the lanes that the cars use to go around the bloody thing. There they were content as anything whilst cars are going past them doing the usual beeping of horns.

We had our usual man at work who brings us any drink we like to our desk all day but on top of that they ordered us some lunch. They got us a Subway in. I thought i'd keep it cultural so had a Chicken Tandoori sub. Well nice. No salad or cheese though. I couldn't go as far as to have it normal today.

On the way home to other people from the UK who are working in the same office took us to a supermarket to grab some snacks. I was pleasantly surprised that the supermarket was normal looking and seemed a bit like a Tesco. The illusion was shattered as I walked to the door down the slippiest steps (we've had a Monsoon today) and when I got there had to go through a full body scanner, then take my laptop bag to be inspected and sealed and then get my camera checked and sealed. Once we'd done the shopping the bags of stuff we had bought were sealed and in order to leave the shop we had to show our receipts. Madness. I bet nobody steels anything over here though. Maybe we could do that back in the UK.

So that's about it really. I have eaten curry all night again which is nice. I'm not ill and I still look out my window onto pure poverty.

I wonder if the people across the road look over at the hotel and their kids go "What's that over there"? and the parents say "That's poverty, nothing there for you. It's much better here. Look we have goats and they don't"

That's all I have to say about today really. Let's see what wonders i'll see tomorrow. I'd be happy to see a donkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment